The 国际咨询办公室 (OIA) helps international students, 教师, 工作人员, and visitors with their visa status; with instructions for entering, 离开, 以及重新进入美国.S.; with work eligibility, extensions of stay, adjustment to life in the U.S.; and provides support for U.S. benefits such as Social Security applications, U.S. 报税，还有驾照.
We also work to promote understanding among Juilliard community members of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. The office organizes various events for community members to engage in cultural exchange and embrace the diversity found at Juilliard.
OIA attempts to provide the most recent, useful information to our students. 然而, 我们不索赔, 对准确性的承诺或保证, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to handouts or Canvas courses. 信息rmation provided by OIA does not constitute and should not be considered legal advice or a legal opinion, and it may not necessarily reflect the most current legal developments. Students should seek the advice of counsel or a tax professional for additional guidance. OIA reminds students that failure to comply with F-1 regulations is a violation of your status, which may result in serious consequences including the termination of your SEVIS record, 你无法再进入美国, and the accrual of unlawful presence which could lead to your removal from the US. Direct all questions regarding your F-1 status to OIA, Room 245, (电子邮件保护)
- 保持合法的F-1学生身份 All international students are required to maintain their lawful status. This page discusses the various regulations that international students in F-1 status should know.
- 国际学生就业 International students on F-1 visas have very specific regulations about employment; this includes unpaid work. Any work done without proper authorization is a violation of immigration status and can lead to severe consequence.
- 社会保障申请 一旦你在美国合法工作.S., you can qualify for a social security number. We recommend that you obtain a social security number as quickly as possible; we are happy to help you with the procedure.
- Curricular Practical Training (CPT) Student Online Request Form Students in F-1 status qualify for off-campus work authorization after they’ve been in good standing for at least one academic year at the college level. (AD students are exempt from this restriction.) Students must receive OIA authorization prior to starting any off-campus engagement, 即使是无偿的. Please note that if you cannot get your approval signature because your teacher/administrator is not available, 他们可以完成在线审批表格. All CPTs requests and teacher approvals must be submitted electronically.
- OPT申请表格 Students in F-1 status qualify for one year of work authorization after graduation called Optional Practical Training (OPT). Please plan to file for OPT at least three months before your graduation date. OIA provides a workshop each semester on how to file this paperwork.
- OPT更新表 Students participating in OPT must report changes in employment, U.S. address, name, and visa status within 10 days of the change.
- O-1文件归档技巧 希望留在美国的学生.S. to work as a performing artist are usually required to obtain an O-1 visa. Here are some helpful tips for filing an O-1 visa petition.
- 请求支持信 Fill out this form to receive a letter for the purposes of applying for a visa, 开立银行帐户, 或注册/居住验证.
- 提起你.S. 税 All international visitors must file taxes in the U.S.，即使它们在美国不起作用.S. OIA offers numerous tax services in the spring semester to help qualifying international students file their tax paperwork.
- 驾驶执照/身份证申请程序 OIA recommends that all international students apply for identification in the U.S. so that they do not need to use their passport as their main form of identification.
- 比较工作签证 Descriptions of common visa categories used by Juilliard international visitors, including who qualifies; restrictions; required paperwork; and the duration of stay permitted.
- Hiring an International Visitor Request Form (To be completed by academic department) If you will be hiring an international visitor, 你必须填妥这张表格，以便O.I.A. can determine the most appropriate visa category for their stay.
- DS-2019申请表格 (To be completed by incoming visitor) Used for requesting DS-2019s for J-1 short-term scholars, 教授, 还有学生实习生
- B-1/WB签证申请表 (To be completed by incoming visitor) Better known as a "tourist" or "business" visa, this page is for international guests who wish to use this visa to enter the U.S.
- Curricular Practical Training (CPT) 支持 Form (由专业老师完成, 行政总监, or artistic director of a student requesting CPT off-campus work authorization.)
读了 国际的博客, featuring interviews with international 教师, 工作人员, and students. 通过这个系列, OIA hopes to provide insight into the vibrant and diverse population at Juilliard.